lunes, 15 de diciembre de 2008

Where did the semester go!?!?!?!?



Yah.....my deepest apologies that I have not written here in a long time. I have been super busy and distracted by the wonders of Spain. :D hahah

But i am now in my last week of classes, exams, and Spanish life. How sad is that?? I am very excited to come home, but as i keep thinking about leaving, I get quite sad too. i am going to miss my host mother's cooking...all the time. And the coffee here is amazing....i love my host mom's mannerisms. She is so funny. the friends i have made here are soo fun and it is sad that not ALL of them live in Michigan or Georgia. oh well....such is life. :D

This past weekend I did alot of homework, but also went to Madrid! We visited the two main art museums in Madrid, El Prado and the Reina Sofia. We also ate lunch at the McDonalds and had a coffee at Starbucks. SOOOO good. It was an all in all long, cold, but fun and educational day. I got to see some pretty famous paintings like "Las Meninas" by Velazquez and "Guernica" by Pablo Picasso and also some sweet ones by Dali and Miro and a ton of works by Goya. It was a great day. i loved it.

I finally listened to the music from "Spring Awakening" and i must say that some of the songs are pretty good. not all....but some. that music is catchy too. I have a few songs stuck in my head, and that is okay. I cant wait to get back to the US and listen to more Christmas music since I lost alot before i came to Spain

I started packing this weekend too....and i felt terrible when my host mom walked in. She was like, it seems like a lie that you are leaving so soon. I about cried. She has been so awesome to me and I am forever grateful to her for enhancing and allowing me to have such a good time here. I am going to miss my profs and their ridiculousness...for real. I have loved Spain. so much....and I will have so many fond memories of this place. I love LOVE Segovia, and i hope to return here one day again!

Buena Suerte to those who are taking finals this week and those traveling home to spend Christmas with their families!!! Be safe. I will see you all soon!! 5 days!!! WOOOO and God's Blessings to you all as we remember the TRUE reason for this Christmas Season!!!

-Emily

No hay comentarios: