jueves, 13 de noviembre de 2008

Sin tetas no hay paraiso




Hello y Hola!!!

I am sorry it has been quite a while since i have updated here. I have been distracted.

Last week was sooo long, but some parts of it were quite enjoyable. I am singing in the choir at the Evangelical Church and it is sooo fun. I have been blessed by our Lord and Savior to have found such a loving church family. The pastor, Carlos, and his wife Raquel are amazing. They are super nice and they also have two daughters named Carla(12 years old) and Paula (7 years old). They even invited me and a friend over to their house (which is something very rare in Spain). The conversation was awesome and it was great practice for me as well. The daughters were shy at first, but after the snack food came out we all started to get along great. I even was able to talk to Carla in English for a bit. She is so cute.
The choir is going well too. We are singing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" and another song in Spanish. Our concert is the 18th of December, so its a great sending off for me since i leave for the airport on December 19 (my 21st birthday!!)

Last Thursday we went to the Cathedral here in Segovia as a mini excursion during class. The Cathedral is gorgeous on the outside and I was not let down with the interior either. The building as a whole is enormous and the detail is just stunning. My favorite are the complex designs of the ceilings where all the arcs are crossing one another. We werent supposed to take pictures inside, but i did. I even snagged a video of the organ playing, which was a nice surprise! After that i went to the market and bought a bag of dried fruit and one of cashews. oh goodness.......sooo delicious. The dried fruit is a tropical mix too...I just love the Market here in Segovia. I can buy anything, if i wanted. They have shoes, jackets, jeans, boots, PJs, fruit, nuts, veggies, olives, meat....EVERYTHING. haha. I might bring back some dried fruit because it is sooo cheap!

This past weekend I did not do anything exciting. On friday, I met with my friend Stephanie to the book fair that was around til Sunday. We also bought really cheap churros and they were fresh and hot! yummmmm!! We then went to the Oso Blanco because it was cold outside; i got a glass of wine and she got a beer and we just talked for like 2 hours. It was awesome. She and i just girl talked forever. Sunday I went to church again and its always a surprise what the topic is going to be. I had a Lord's Supper discussion with my pastor, Carlos which was very interesting but that discussion kinda led into a Baptism discussion....and well, I suppose it will lead to other doctrinal discussions as well. He is a good sport about it and respects it when i just refer him to the LCMS website because i do not want to mislead him.

I pass my evenings in Segovia watching TV every night with my host mom while doing hw. it is not the best habit to get into, since i can get distracted from doing the aforementioned hw.....but, i am not too worried since I do not watch much tv in the US nor do i enjoy lots of tv programs. Plus I am going to have WAY more work to do next semester.
OOO! i forgot to mention about this weekend! my mom here made this AMAZING lunch on Saturday. it was roast lamb and traditional Segovia soup, Sopa Castellana, and bread and this dessert thing that reminded me of watery pudding.....but it is way good. trust me. :D

I was worried alot last week because i recieved news that Caleb's grandmother had just found out she had ovarian cancer. Her health was declining rapidly but then the doctors have now found the cause and she had surgery yesterday. Please keep her and Caleb's family in your prayers though as she recovers and please let the surgery be successful in removing all the cancerous cells in her body.

This week however, has been going VERY well. Monday and Tuesday i was invited by Raquel to come to the school were she teaches and tell a story and teach a song in English. I came on Monday and Tuesday and it was SOOOOO FUN! The kids were adorable and they can understand alot. They start teaching English here around age 3. haha. SOOOOO, i read them a story on Monday and then came to tell a story on Tuesday. I told them the story of Little Red Riding Hood. Then we did the Hokey Pokey and Baby Shark. :D I had soo much fun.

I am sorry this entry is not super exciting. We are heading to Andalucia this weekend, for the whole weekend (Cordoba and Sevilla). Then next week we are having a Thanksgiving feast at a local restuarant who is preparing turkeys for us....we all just bring a side dish. :D I can not believe that this time next month I will be packing to go home, to the US. It will definitely be a bittersweet time. I am sad to leave my host mom, for sure. Especially to leave some of my friends here who live far away like in Oregon and Idaho. :( I am VERY happy though also to come home because i miss my family, friends, and boyfriend. Its nice that I can come home close to my birthday and to Christmas!!!

Thanks for bearing with me ya'll! I promise after our WEEKEND in south Spain I will have more to talk about! God's Blessings on your week! And safe travels to those who are visiting family and friends for Thanksgiving! Adios y que Dios os bendiga!!

-Emilia

No hay comentarios: